Large Displays in Common Areas
In the Crerar 2nd and 3rd floor common areas, there are several large displays which can be used for group/collaborative projects or small presentations. While these displays often show departmental announcements, there is also an HDMI port on the wall plate below them. These are freely available for anyone in CS to use.
The monitors have a native resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p). There is a six-button control panel below the monitor for control purposes.
- Connect your laptop with an HDMI cable to the wall plate.
- If the display is powered off, press the power button on the control panel.
- Press the laptop button on the control panel. You should see video from the laptop appear on the display a few seconds later.
- If you need sound, you can adjust the volume of the monitor by pressing and holding the volume up and down buttons.
- When you are done, press the news button to switch back to the announcements feed or the power button to turn off the display.
If the display does not appear to be functioning properly, please contact Techstaff.