If you ever took a course here you probably have a CS account. When you sign up for a CS account you get firstname.lastname@example.org email address, which we automatically forward to your email@example.com address. We then subscribe you (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the email@example.com mailing list. As a CS computer account holder we need a method to communicate with you. Mailing lists are one of the best ways to do so.
If you no longer want to receive the emails from any list in our department there is a link located at the bottom of every email sent out by the list host that allows you to unsubscribe. The link you are looking for will look something like this:
2. Type your email in the text box shown above. Mostly likely this takes the format of:
Please read The Tricky Part section for details on which email you should use.
3. Click the button 'Unsubscribe or edit options'.
4. You will be taken to a page which provides a bunch of options. Look for the following 'Unsubscribing from cs'
5. Select the check box: 'Yes, I really want to unsubscribe' and click 'Unsubscribe'.
6. You will be redirected to a webpage that tells you if the unsubscribe was successful.
You have been successfully unsubscribed from the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org. If you were receiving digest deliveries you may get one more digest. If you have any questions about your unsubscription, please contact the list owners at email@example.com.
This is where it gets a bit tricky because depending on what time your account was created we will have used your firstname.lastname@example.org (auto forward to email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org email address. If you are unsure which email to use you will need to try both. (Try email@example.com before trying firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click this and you will be emailed a confirmation email. Click the link in said email and you are done. If you did not receive a confirmation email, you did not enter the email address that was used to subscribe you to the list.